What is jQuery?

The name sounds really alien to me during my first encounter with it. However, after finding out what it is, it seems less intimidating. According to Wikipedia, jQuery is a cross browser JavaScript library designed to simplify the client-side scripting of HTML.

In another words, jQuery is a fast and concise Javascript library that helps to achieve complicated effects with just a few lines of code. It is said that jQuery is designed to change the way the developer writes Javascript. It contains ready-made functions that can be easily added to the application to enhance the functionality. The beauty of jQuery is it can be used in any languages or technologies so it is really a handy tool for developer.

Why bother about jQuery?
In Headway Premium Wordpress Theme, if you want to achieve more for your blog or website, you may need to resort to jQuery if plugins are not available.

I was trying to create 3 columns with equal heights for my footer so that my long categories can flow from one column to another. It is easy to create 3 columns in Headway Premium WP Theme but not easy to let the text flow naturally.

The administrator from Headway Theme told me I’ve to use jQuery to help me. I’m quite ignorant of how jQuery works so may need to work on it and see how it turns out.

I’ll describe in detail in the post once I’ve success doing that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Headway Visual Editor not Loading in the Browser